The history of the Kyoto cuisine Nakamura dates back to 1827. The originator of today’s “Kyo-ryori Nakamura” named Seibei peddled fish such as tilefish,mackerel and flatfish to Kyoto, a city where, at that time, marines products were not always easy to come by, from Wakasa bay of Japan sea via “Saba Kaido” (The Old Maokerel Highway ; a 75 kilometer route connecting Kyoto with the port of Obama on the coast of Japan sea.) He used to serve the court noble with them. To suit their taste, Seibei, the second generation made special efforts to enhance the natural flavor of the material utilizing a sophisticated technique. The third generation specialized in “Cha-kaiseki” or tea ceremony cuisine. During the world war Ⅱ the original restaurant building was demolished due to a housing eviction order. After the war Shozo NAKAMURA, the fourth generation devoted himself to reestablishing the time-honored restaurant” Nakamura” to make it known for its exclusive Kyoto cuisine. Today the “Kyo-ryori Nakamura” has been selected as a Michelin three-star restaurant. The “Kyo-ryori Nakamura” with such a background follow the precept of Sen Rikyu, originator of the tea cult that is to say “Ichigo Ichie” 一期一会. It means “Treasure every eucounter, for it will never recur” Bearing it in mind we try to serve traditional delicacies of Kyoto as they have been passed down from generation to generation without making an affected display but adding something new and creative to the old-fashioned recipe. “Kyo-ryori Nakamura” are deeply dedicated to offering the highest standard of Kyoto cuisine as well as the warmest hospitality.